Are You Planning To Renovate Your House, If Yes, Read This
There comes a time with each house when it is ripe for renovation. The designs could have become old or the neighbourhood houses could have become better and not being the centre of attraction could be another reason to renovate. Whatever the reason, when you plan to renovate you should heed the following tips:
- Hire a good interior designer to redesign your home. A good interior designer will incorporate all your ideas and requirements and come up with designs, not just one design so choose one who will provide at least three designs to choose from. But before that you should ask friends and family if they know any good interior designer and you should check their references and portfolio etc. Select after doing your due diligence.
- Once the designs are ready you need a good contractor to bring the design to fruition. To do that you can again ask friends and family or you can search on Google or Bing or you can ask the designer to suggest a good contractor. Once you have a list of contractors to choose from, you need to do due diligence. You need to check if the contractor has the necessary permissions to do the work. Also he should ensure that the workers are bonded and insured. If the workers are not insured and if any accident occurs in your property, you will be held responsible along with the contractor and you will need to pay a hefty sum of money in damages. So make sure that the papers are proper.
- When the work commences you will find dust everywhere even if you try to keep it away and hence a good idea would be to rent storage units near you and keep your furniture and other things there till the work is completed.
- Children, seniors and pets can be affected by the work. In fact, children and pets can cause hindrances to the workers as their curiosity would build up. Children and pets can get injured and that too seriously if they enter the rooms where the work is going on. To minimize these chances, you should ideally move to a friend’s or relative’s place till the work is completed or you can rent a house or live in a guest house. These are very good options and you can manage the work well too.
- If you like any fixture you should try buying them online. Nowadays you get the same items at a discount online. Doing this one step can save you a lot of money.