Follow These Tips When Hydroseeding Your Lawn
Hydroseeding is one of the effective ways to make your lawn looking beautiful. Hydroseeding is a combination of water, fertilizer, fiber mulch, lime, and seed. The mixture is blended in a tank and sprayed through the hose on the lawn. With hydroseeding, the lawn is protected from erosion, wind, and sunlight.
Below are helpful tips for hydroseeding
- To get the most out of hydroseeding, you should seed your lawn before the grass’s growing season.
- Hydroseeding should be done in a large lawn area as it is less labor-intensive and takes less time.
- You can choose some of the restricted types of fertilizers and grasses. Hence, it would be a big help if you are going to know all the information about the available grass and seed options so that you can choose the most appropriate one.
- The best time for hydroseeding is during early summer, spring, and fall.
- Make sure that the soil is well-prepared for hydroseeding process. See to it that the soil is free from debris.
- Once hydroseeding is done, the next step is to make sure to water the mulch for at least three times a day for the first two weeks. This allows the complete and healthy growth of the lawn.
- You can change the watering schedule depending on the climate, soil, and grass seeds.
Hydroseeding can be done on your own. However, the process requires some sort of skills, knowledge, and expertise. If you are unsure of what to do, then the best thing to do is to hire the service of a hydroseeding expert. Hydroseeding services are available and all you need to do is to choose a highly reputable hydroseeding expert.
If you are going to search online, you will find a lot of companies that provide hydroseeding service. However, not all of them are good and can keep up with their claim. So, it is important to do your research well. As much as possible ask referral from somebody you know who have tried hiring a hydroseeding service before. Read online reviews and do not hesitate to ask questions.